So it’s been while… The last few months have been tough, but it’s good to be back.
I’m writing this post while I’m watching the sunset at the beautiful Camps Bay in Cape Town, South Africa. I’m enjoying the breathtaking view of the sun setting over miles and miles of ocean, I can’t help but think of a particular scene in a movie…. Yes you guessed it, DEEP IMPACT!!
In short, a meteor impacts the earth, harder than a four year old falling at a wedding reception, and almost destroys mankind. The impact causes devestation including creating a title wave that destroys everything in sight. It was an unfortunate series of events that almost destroyed life as we know it.
There is a series of events in life that can either make or break your “life as we know it”. John Scott describes this series of events in his commentary on Galatians.
Sow a thought, reap an action. Sow an action, reap a habit. Sow a habit, reap a character. Sow a character, reap a destiny.
Eventually you will be the product of your thinking
It’s simple… Wrong thinking = Devestating consequences. Right thinking = Fruitful consequences. We need to get our thoughts in line with the word of God and our true identity in Christ. Phil 4:8
Here are a few steps to help cultivate great thoughts.
1. Think great thoughts about God. Romans 11:33-36
2. Think great thoughts about yourself. Zeph 3:17
3. Think great thoughts about others. 1 Sam 16:7
4. Think great thoughts about life. Luke 9:23-25
5. Think great thoughts about the future. Jeremiah 29:11
6. Think great thoughts about the past. Phil 3:13-14
7. Think great thoughts about challenges. James 1:2-4
During the past few months I learned one valueble lesson : In the good times and in the bad times, your thoughts will determine how you come out of it…